CYN Counseling Center
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on children and families? Do you want to be a part of an organization growing to meet the increasing mental health needs in our community? If so, CYN Counseling Center may be the perfect fit for you! We are a nonprofit, community-based counseling agency that offers therapy, case management, crisis intervention, and community education to people of all ages. For over forty years, CYN’s collaborative team has provided critical services that change the lives of thousands.
Family Support Specialist
The Family Support Specialist provides support for the intact teams by completing in-office support work as well as work in the community and with clients to ensure the wellbeing of children and their families. This position is supervised by intact supervisor or Program Director.
• Assist with gathering information for integrated assessments.
• Weekly intact filing following DCFS required format.
• Gathering documents for staff to use in the field.
• Transporting parents to appointments needed to keep the family together.
• Picking up donations and delivering them to family homes
• Assisting parents with obtaining needed documents.
• Obtaining court documents from the courthouse.
• Obtaining progress reports or other needed documentation from providers (with proper consent)
• Making purchases for items needed to maintain safety and wellbeing of children.
• Other duties as assigned to support the program.
Due to COVID 19, therapeutic services are being provided via telehealth.